Why those tears, those bitter tears, those sobs that poured out as I stood at my grandparents grave. Was it for the separation of death, that long break 60 years ago? Why those tears, those bitter tears, emerging from some unknown wound? What loss, as I stood there, overcome, at the tomb of my grandparents? The memory of loss, their loss, my father’s tears at their loss, the passing of time, their life and my mine as finally I try to acknowledge the failures.
Or the stress of the recent conference in Brussels as I realised my insignificance, as I begin to realise my body is weakening and becoming stiff with age, my slow steps to the grave.
The bitter tears, the tears springing of their own accord, starting to well up when the florist remembered my mother – “une grande dame, mince” – and my father – “plus petit” –who knew the tomb, “allée J en montant” she remembered, “tombe en permanence”.
The cries then, and the groans as the grey skies too shed their tears.
And I bent down and straightened the cross that had been broken. And I placed the roses, six of them, red and pink, on the dark grey slab of stone. A fine tomb carved by Amedée Hiroux; he and his wife were friends of my grandparents. And I knelt down and made the promise on their grave to do a work worthy of them, to bring to a successful conclusion the gifts given to me.
Then I left never to return, either me or probably any other of their offspring.
- Homily, Pentecost Sunday, 2021 May 31, 2021
- Robin Thiger and Nadet Alan May 9, 2021
- Vijñānabhairava-tantra August 7, 2020
- Poems, assorted August 6, 2020
- Conferences, 2000-2020 August 6, 2020
- 1958-2003, “A Long Journey” July 23, 2020
- 1999, Pureté et puissance, Dimanche de la Passion, Victorian-Mauritian Pastoral Council June 15, 2020
- 2003, SBS-Radio, On n’écoute pas les prophètes ! Pâques June 15, 2020
- 2000, SBS-Radio, Pâques, Le tombeau vide June 15, 2020
- 1986, Radio 3EA, Good Friday June 15, 2020
- Noreen O’Meara, Homily at the Funeral Mass, 2000 June 15, 2020
- Messe du Père Laval 2000, Les lettres de Jacques Désiré Laval et les ‘béatitudes’. June 15, 2020
- Messe du Père Laval 2000, The Shroud of Turin June 15, 2020
- Homily at the wedding of Xavier Vandame and Kendra Dugay, 2000 June 15, 2020
- 2000, French-Australian Association Mass, St Patrick’s Cathedral, L’ambition June 15, 2020
- Annie O’Neill, Homily at the Funeral Mass, 27 October, 2000 June 15, 2020
- 2002, Devant l’Enfant nous retrouvons notre enfance. SBS, Message de Noël May 30, 2020
- 2001. Elle a chuchoté les mots ‘paix, amour’. ZZZ. Message de Pâques. May 26, 2020
- 1998. Quelle est la lumière qu’il a fait briller en nous ? Messe du Victorian Mauritian Pastoral Council May 26, 2020
- 1998. On sait que la vie n’est pas absurde. SBS-Radio. Message de Noël. May 26, 2020
- 1998. Vous êtes bienheureux. Messe du Père Laval May 26, 2020
- 1998, Ne soyons donc pas muets ! SBS-Radio, Message de Pâques May 26, 2020
- Le Millenium, Messe du Victorian Mauritian Pastoral Council, 1999 May 26, 2020
- L’homme de foi réconcilie tout ce qui est ennemi. French-Australian Association, 2002 May 26, 2020
- L’homme n’est pas sauvé s’il est sauvé par autre que l’homme. French-Australian Association, Mass, 1989 May 24, 2020
- L’amour est plus fort que la mort. Radio 3EA, Pâques, 1992 May 24, 2020
- L’homme est juste ou il n’existe pas. French-Australian Association, Mass, 1995 May 24, 2020
- L’amour nous rend fort et faible à la fois, SBS Radio,Noël, 1995 May 24, 2020
- Dieu aime ; donc il s’abaisse, SBS Radio, Pâques, 1996 May 24, 2020
- Émerveillement et bonheur ineffable, SBS Radio, Pâques, 1999 May 24, 2020
- Mel on Homily, Pentecost Sunday, 2021
- Anonymous on “‘Jesus is the Christ.’ (Acts 9.22) Can Jesus be called Shiva?”
- Sam Rubera on Vijñānabhairava-tantra
- maccidānandanātha on Homily, Pentecost Sunday, 2021
- Patricia Chaves on Robin Thiger and Nadet Alan
- Andre Henriques on Towards a Christian Tantra; The interplay of Christianity and Kashmir Shaivism. 2009
- interfaithashram on Chakras – a Christian interpretation
- Richard Dowling on Chakras – a Christian interpretation
- Patricia Chaves on 1958-2003, “A Long Journey”
- Patricia on Sabbatical, 1987, California, Italy, Egypt, India,